Friday, October 1, 2010

Just Beachy...

I ventured down to Corpus Christi with April (and Roscoe) for a fun filled day at the beach....I love going to the Gulf because the water is warm and I think its cool getting to drive right on the beach.  Growing up in California- you are lucky to find a parking spot within a block of the beach.  One sad thing was the amount of trash on the beach.  We went on a Monday, so I am thinking there was a lot of garbage left over from weekend warriors.  April and I picked up shards of glass as we walked to help keep the beach safe.  On this trip I was excited to see an ice cream man driving down the beach and I couldn't resist Sponge Bob!!!


Not related to my friend who lives in a pineapple under the sea.....Each time I have visited Mustang Island I  have seen at least one jellyfish.  (Which are pretty, but definitely look like plastic bags if you aren't looking closely!)  I also collected a little sea weed in an attempt to press it and frame it (a la Melissa....I hope mine turns out that pretty!)

I also love the over the top touristy shops...check out this shark facade for an entrance...gotta love the beach! There was also this awesome sand castle facade, but when April & I got out to take a photo we were attacked by mosquitoes.  Literally, we were swarmed by them...We ran back to the car and doused ourselves in bug spray.

2 comments:

  1. Aw yay! So glad I inspired some art! :) I don't know if it's just me or my computer or what, but I can't see the pics you've posted these last two blog posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're working now! The reload must have done the trick! =) Love you and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete