Tuesday, January 25, 2011

READ!

Hmmm, what have I been up to...just working at the library, working on the house and reading.  I have set a book challenge for myself to read 100 teen and young adult books in a year (I started December 20th)...so far I have read 4,707 pages, which translates to 18 books! So I have been reading ALOT....its great reading so much because I feel like I will be more knowledgeable about books when patrons ask me questions or need suggestions on what to read next.  Its also a lot of fun to read....YAY for books!  My interests are varied, but I laughed out loud, when I read the Confessions of Georgia Nicohlson which starts with the book Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging- there are 10 books in the series, but I was on book 6 when I began my book challenge.  In addition to reading random books that seem interesting (Uglies by Westerfield) I am also trying to read Newbery Honor/Award recipients from the past 10 years and recipients of the Theodore Geisel Award

1 comment:

  1. You should read the Jessica Darling 5-book series by Megan McCafferty. Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings and Perfect Fifths. They are quick reads, witty and well written. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete