Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy 2011

Wow...2011, its here, and has been for about 10 days- but I still almost write 2010 on my checks.  Yep, I still write checks, crazy I know! Anywhoo, I had a fabulous New Year celebration in Abilene.  I went to the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature, the NCCIL is amazing! (I go there anytime I am in Abilene...)They are currently featuring the work of Brian Selznick.  He is fabulous....I read The Invention of Hugo Cabret and I must say he is brilliant! I love the way the exhibit shows you the original art work and then how it appears in a book- the transformation is well, breathtaking to a nerd like me who would love to have a book published one day.
Unrelated, now that I am down to one job (YAY!) I am baking bread (again).  The picture to the right is the no-knead recipe I have made in the past.  It's so easy....and delicious, like an artisan bread.  I was doing a little research on line and realized I had been using way too much yeast in my past batches, but this time I measured- and it is sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment