Saturday, October 22, 2011

Texas Book Festival 2011

Just got home from the Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas.  It was awesome! Amazing! Fantastic! I was able to listen to some amazing authors & illustrators speak about their craft.  I saw Skippyjon Jones...I was brave enough to ask a question to Rosemary Wells (Max & Ruby)...I heard about the creative process of Eileen Christelow (5 Little Monkeys) & Paul O Zelinsky (Caldecott Winner)...and I got to sit in a State Senator's chair during a session with Kathy Reichs (who writes the series that the TV show Bones is based on) and her son Brendan who are currently collaborating on The Virals Series.  As I was saying....Awesome!!!! Oh, did I mention that all this awesomeness was free!!! I love Texas....

2 comments:

  1. So fun!! Wish I could have joined in - sounds like an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fantastic....maybe we can schedule a visit one year during the festival! Or maybe you and Jason can move to Austin (hint, hint- wink, wink). Love you!

    ReplyDelete